Personal Property Management
PSC operates and manages the HHS Property Management Information System (PMIS), an efficient automated method for agency customers to track and evaluate personal property assets. We provide initial system training and customized in-depth and refresher training.
We work in concert with the HHS Property Disposal Service to ensure accountability and timely updating of property records, when property is disposed of through that service. The Property Disposal Service offers media, disk, and electronics destruction, reutilization and recycling services to ensure proprietary, personal, or sensitive information is appropriately handled and assets disposed of in an environmentally safe process.
Certification statements are available upon request.
Services offered include:
- Providing barcode scanners with Web-based data to assist property custodians with physical inventory management
- Providing barcode tags for all accountable assets received
- Advising an activity when rotational inventories are due
- Providing technical support for completion of mandatory annual inventory review
- Calculating results, advising customers of those results, and reporting financial adjustments electronically to UFMS
- Preparing and submitting Federal Financial Management Improvement Act reports electronically to the Unified Financial Management System (UFMS)