PSC administers one of only two civilian grant payment systems approved by the Chief Financial Officers Council. Our team has more than 35 years of experience providing federal agencies and grant recipients the tools to manage grant payment requests, and disbursement reporting activities.
Our system is fully automated to receive payment requests, edit them for accuracy and content, transmit the payment to either the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) or the U.S. Treasury for deposit into the grantee's bank account, and record the payment transactions and corresponding disbursements to the appropriate account or multiple accounts.
We leverage efficient business processes, state-of-the-art information technology, e-gov initiatives, and business expertise to build a critical link in the operation of federal financial assistance programs.
Services offered include:
- Self-serve or monitored grant draw requests
- Next-day payments through the FRB Automated Clearing House
- Same-day payments for emergencies or special circumstances
- Foreign payments (deposited to U.S. and foreign bank accounts)
- Cash management services that support the Cash Management Improvement Act
- PMS Web access for drawdown requests, reports and queries, and contacts
- Dedicated Account Representatives providing personalized account liaison services
- Regular training via webinar or site hosted
- Help Desk support, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time
- Collection services on overdrawn grants, disallowed costs, and excess interest
- Audit support (SSAE-16 and requests for information)
- Security and interface support
- Fully integrated SF-425 Federal Financial Reporting capabilities
- Professional grant accounting support services
Did You Know?
- PSC disburses 78 percent of all civilian grant payments
- In FY 2014, PSC disbursed 434,954 payments totaling $429 billion.
- PSC customers include seven out of 15 Cabinet-level Departments and five non-Cabinet agencies.
- We currently service 947 international grantees in 146 countries.
All federal agencies
Download Fact Sheet
Using the HHS Payment Management System has allowed SBA to reduce the amount of time to process grant payments."
— Small Business Administration