Employee Assistance Program
Through its Employee Assistance Program (EAP), PSC's Occupational Health team helps employees and managers develop the skills and confidence needed to deal with challenges and opportunities at work and in life. With the help of EAP, your employees learn how to manage issues such as stress, relationship concerns, grief, addictions, financial distress, or health problems.
EAP (FOH4You) is a confidential counseling and referral service that can help you and your family successfully deal with life's challenges. EAP services are available to you at no cost, as your employer has prepaid these services. Call 24 hours a day, seven days a week for confidential help with work, family, personal matters, and legal or financial issues.
The U.S. Navy turned to PSC's occupational health team for help after the 2013 Navy Yard shooting. We provided nearly 400 individual one-on-one consultations, conducted 62 critical incident stress groups, and helped 1,330 Navy Yard employees.
No matter the assistance, PSC's Employee Assistance Program is here to help.
Services offered include:
- Face-to-face assessments, solution-focused counseling, referral services for family/relationship issues, workplace concerns, personal and emotional difficulties, health and behavioral issues, alcohol and drug problems, and more
- 24/7 telephone access for managers, employees, and family members
- EAP orientation for employees and managers
- Health and wellness presentations
- Comprehensive, interactive EAP website
- Critical incident response services to help with traumatic events in the workplace
- Financial and legal services, including identity theft prevention and recovery services
- Quarterly reports providing EAP usage details to evaluate and highlight program effectiveness
All federal agencies